We are giving away Free Felipe’s for a year ($500 value) by quizzing all of our Felipe’s Fanatics. Take the quiz and enter your chance to win! See you Friday for Cinco de Mayo!
Thank you New Orleans for your support over the last decade. The past ten years have been filled with food, drinks and memories that would not have happened if it were not for you. We are throwing a party to celebrate Felipe’s 10th Anniversary!
Come join our fiesta Monday, November 14th at Felipe’s Uptown (6215 S. Miro Street). We will have a live Mariachi band from noon to 2 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. There will be free tamales, complimentary drinks, hourly giveaways, and more!
At Felipe’s Mexican Taqueria, our philosophy is simple: ingredients should always be fresh and the recipes authentic. We cook all of our food from scratch continuously throughout the day. The Felipe’s family is proud to be based here in New Orleans.
Scales and Ales is a fundraising event benefiting the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas’ education programs and conservation efforts. Tiki Tolteca will be featuring the Rum Buttered Bum, which has our house-made spiced butter syrup, black magic rum, lemon juice and passion fruit puree. This fun-filled after dark event will an experience you do not want to miss!
What: Fundraiser event for the Audubon Aquarium
When: General Admittance is September 30 from 8-11 pm
Where: Audubon Aquarium
For the first year ever, Felipe’s is bringing their own customized Taco Cart to Tailgate Village! Don’t miss out on Tulane’s third home game of the season, because on September 24th, we will be cheering on the Green Wave in hopes of beating UL Lafayette. Here is how to incorporate Felipe’s into your Game Day routine:
- Stop by Felipe’s Uptown location before the game for a pregame nachos appetizer
- Pick up a burrito, chips, and dip to go, so you can eat while enjoying the game
- Don’t forget to get burritos for your friends too!
Going to the game at Yulman?
- Head over to Tailgate Village and stop by the Felipe’s tent for some free tacos from our Taco Cart, authentic from Mexico!
- Look for the Felipe’s Burrito Gun during the first time out to try and catch your very own Felipe’s “Nice Catch!” shirt.
- Celebrate with churros and drinks at Felipe’s after the game
Felipe’s is proud to support Tulane Athletics and appreciates all of the fans who stop by before and after the game. Hope to see everyone out there as the Green Wave takes on Ragin’ Cajuns! #RollBurrito!
One of our favorite holidays, Día de la Independencia (Mexican Independence Day), is almost here! On Friday September 16th, the Mid City location of Felipe’s will be featuring drink specials from 5pm to close to celebrate. In case you need a refresher on the history of Mexico’s Independence from Spain, here are a few reminders:
- Spain conquered Mexico in the 1500’s.
- It wasn’t until the early 1800’s that the Mexicans decided to rebel and fight for their independence.
- Father Miguel Hidalgo led the revolt with his army of Mexican civilians and poor farmers, and is known for the speech that he delivered known as the Grito del Dolores (“Cry of Dolores”).
- The Cry of Dolores took place on September 16, 1810, and was Father Miguel Hidalgo’s way of announcing an uprising against the Spanish.
- He is also known as the Father of the Nation as his actions led to Mexican independence.
Come kick off your weekend with us on Friday in Mid City!